Wednesday, February 17, 2010

JCPenney Portrait Studio – Perfect Choice

Several year ago when my younger son was four years old, we had his photo done by the JCPenney Portrait Studio. As you guess, wiggly boys and little kids are very hard to photograph. Although, as long as you have plenty of patience and a child that is not hungry, you should get the best pictures. Fortunately, my little rascal wasn’t naughty at all and couldn’t wait to have his picture taken. The middle-aged man woman taking the photos apparently had a lot of professional experience with kids. He plopped my precious boy up on a 3 foot seat and shoved just the right thing – an automobile toy at him, of course making him laugh.

The photographer had no problems taking. While he was staring at the toy car the photographer took several beautiful pictures. His next prop was a small yellow bench. After taking more photos, we continued through another 15 min of prop changes and backgrounds to get a total of twenty great pictures to choose from. There were several photo sizes 8 by 10 and 3.5 by 5 inches for wallets. This pleasure cost me around $20.



We choose the photographs we liked. And let me tell you, he was so adorable on each and every one and by all means was it the ideal photo. We had no need to go to another studio. I paid for the photos and went satisfied. A couple of days later photographer from the JCPenney Portrait Studio called me and said that photos are ready to be picked up. Some of the pictures we have selected turned out to be a great mix that really showed the mood of my son staring at the car toy. The picture was centered beautifully and it was very clear. The only downside was the background. The background of the picture was not in sharp contrast as I wanted it to be. But this is only a minor downside. The background theme was green fields which I especially liked.



As I was collecting my photos I heard some rude woman demanded a refund. And let me tell you, she was very mad. She was told that the refunds are not keeping in with company policy. I could never understand this kind of people. Overall, I will keep coming back to JCPenney Portrait Studio. Of course, these days with good software and a lot of photo editing experience you do not need a professional to do your photos. On the other hand, you still need the good camera and good lighting. Not to mention experience. Concerning all of these things, I strongly recommend letting professionals do the job. And ones in JCPenney Portrait Studio are my choice.

Overall, this Portrait Studio is a great place to have portraits of you, your kids, and your whole family. Employees are very and they are spending almost 30 minutes for taking photos in different postures. And it really made my precious baby boy to look like angel in the photographs.