Friday, February 19, 2010

JCPenney Portrait Studio – Say Cheese

When my daughter was born, which was 3 years ago, I have been to the JCPenney Portrait Studio. That was my second time there. And both times I was more that satisfied with the service. Since 3 years ago I have been their regular customer. This great photo studio has fulfilled all of my needs great by providing best pictures ever; and all of that at an affordable price.

A million dollar question, “Do I need an appointment to visit the JCPenney Portrait Studio?” Of course I do not need an appointment. However, do I need one if I want to visit their competitors’ studios? In too many cases the answer is yes. And no one wants to make appointments to be able to go to a photo studio in the local shopping mall. But, a girlfriend talked me into trying a new portrait studio; you guess I made an appointment.

My nervous persona got there several min before the scheduled appointment. Unfortunately, there was no one working at the counter and only a couple of young girls who seemed like employees were both taking photos of a cute elderly couple. They saw me standing there, but didn’t say one word. Not even a short, “Would you mind waiting just a minute?”

Right away I was mad for not going to JCPenney Portrait Studio instead. There some really professional photographers have taken some great photos of my daughter and my son and several of me and my husband. And I am not of that people who expect every picture to be perfect, but with them it simply is. Also, I just love the fact that I can right away see the pictures on a lap top, just after and I can order ones I like the best straight from the screen. But, I simply know the pictures are not going to be great before I viewed them.



Things I really like about this photo studio is the fact that I never have to wait. There is no waiting in the line and no long waiting for the pictures to be all done. Employees are so efficient; no surprise that the waiting room is never crowded.



Best of all, they have a great web site. From my home computer I contacted their customer service to let them know of how much was I happy each time.

So, I am planning to go to visit JCPenney Portrait Studio over and over again, as long as they keep making great photos. And as long as the service is good I will be back for more. With them you just do get what you pay for.